In Moldova the Fund carries out its activities through its Representative Office (Solidarity Fund PL in Moldova). The Fund focuses on such issues as facilitating access to European funds for local citizens, fostering the development of civil society, improving living conditions, and stimulating entrepreneurship.
The main fields of activity of the Representative Office in Moldova include:
- Supporting rural development:
- implementation of the EU LEADER programme;
- supporting entrepreneurship in rural areas.
- Supporting urban development:
- supporting the implementation of a regional development policy.
- Building mutual trust between the two banks of the Dniester river:
- development of local communities.
- Mitigating the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- launching the Crisis Fund through which Solidarity Fund PL supports entrepreneurs in transforming their businesses in order to save jobs, supplies disinfectants, bodysuits, face masks, etc.
Tomasz Horbowski | Head of the Representative Office in Moldova