Established in 2019, Solidarity Fund PL Representative Office in Georgia (Solidarity Fund PL in Georgia) carries out activities in two primary fields:
- supporting good governance mechanisms;
- supporting crisis management mechanisms.
As part of these two priorities, the Fund supports the development of various forms of participation and social dialogue, using such tools as participatory budgeting, local initiatives, or participatory planning. Since 2019 the Fund has been running the “Academy of Participation” that trains professionals who are to foster the dialogue between the authorities and the citizens. Jointly with the Georgian Emergency Management Service, the Fund has been sharing Polish experiences related to voluntary work, such as the Voluntary Fire Service (OSP), with the local citizens.
In the past, the Fund has also subsidised non-governmental organisations through grant competitions. The projects covered, among other things:
- support for the media (especially local and regional outlets);
- citizenship education;
- social participation;
- promotion of voluntary work and mediation;
- support for self-governments in implementation of participatory budgeting.
Justyna Kucuk | Head of the Representative Office in Georgia