There are two principal areas of our activities:
- supporting good governance mechanisms;
- supporting crisis management mechanisms.
To advance development of various forms of social participation and dialogue, we promote such mechanisms as:
- participatory budgeting;
- local initiatives;
- participatory planning—including spatial planning;
- Rural Programme by the Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure of Georgia;
- other forms of citizens’ involvement in the activities of local self-governments under Georgian law (e.g. petitions).
Since 2019 we have been hosting the “Academy of Participation“. Its goal is to train professionals who are to facilitate dialogue between the citizens and the authorities.
Additionally, together with the Georgian Emergency Management Agency, we have been sharing Polish experiences on voluntary service, such as the Voluntary Fire Service (OSP), with local citizens.
What do we do?
- We provide learning and skills building opportunities through:
- holding interactive and practical trainings;
- organising workshops for all parties interested in bringing about local-level changes.
- We enable testing skills and knowledge through field training activities at local self-governments throughout Georgia;
- We host meetings for residents, local authorities, and civil society organisations;
- We teach using digital tools for social dialogue;
- We provide a platform for exchanging experiences in an international setting ;
- In emergency situations, we supply our partners with measures and equipment.
If you wish to learn more about the Academy of Participation, click here.
What have we done so far?
In the past, we have subsidised non-governmental organisations through grant competitions.
The projects covered, among other things:
- support for the media (local and regional outlets in particular);
- citizenship education;
- society’s involvement in public life;
- promoting voluntary service and mediation;
- support for self-governments in implementing participatory budgeting.
Our partners include:
- Association of Finance Officers of Georgian Local-Self Governing Units (AFOGLSU)
- Civil Society Institute (CSI)
- National Association of Local Authorities of Georgia (NALAG)
- Orbeliani Georgia
- Emergency Management Agency (EMS Georgia)
- Local self-governments
Justyna Kucuk | Head of the Representative Office in Georgia