As part of the campaign “Be a real jigit, protect yourself and your beloved ones!” we’ve organised 14 training sessions for young people. They were held in a traditional form across entire Georgia: in Tbilisi, Akhaltsikhe, Gori, Nikozi, Kutaisi, Ozurgeti, Lanchkhuti, Zugdidi, and Baghdati. These interactive workshops were focused on opportunities for young people during the pandemic, safety rules, and personal protection. The participants have also learnt how to plan and organise civic activities while respecting safety rules in regards to COVID-19.
The results? Under trainers’ and the project team’s guidance, some 340 of the most active workshops participants designed and carried out 14 small-scale social campaigns across nine regions of Georgia and in Tbilisi. All of that, of course, in line with safety principles.
Among other things, the events included:
- a marathon race with prizes;
- a quiz on coronavirus held by young COVID-19 survivors;
- a promotional event with handing out balloons;
- equipping micro-entrepreneurs and officers of different services (such as police, park security guards , commission services, etc.) with protective masks with the logo of our social campaign;
- sharing information and handing out leaflets in the streets on coronavirus prevention and protection of those most susceptible to COVID-19 infection.
The Project is co-financed by the Polish development cooperation programme of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland.