On the 14 and 15 April 2020 the team of Solidarity Fund PL Representative Office in Georgia donated equipment to fight the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) to 14 municipalities and the capital city of Tbilisi. The aid was distributed among:
1. Ozurgeti, Chokhatauri, and Lanchkhuti municipalities (Guria);
2. Medalfa Hospital for Infectious Diseases (the only hospital in Autonomous Republic of Adjara and Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti regions to admit COVID-19 patients), volunteers from “Alternativa”—an NGO that provides humanitarian aid for the poorest and the excluded inhabitants of the region, as well as journalists from TV1, Tv, Rustavi-2, Imedi TV, and Adjara TV (Autonomous Republic of Adjara);
- Zugdidi and Poti municipalities (Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti);
- Saburtalo district and Guduriani clinic (capital city of Tbilisi);
- Khoni, Samtredia, Zestaponi, and Tskaltubo municipalities (Imereti)
- Signagi, Telavi, Kvareli, and Lagodekhi municipalities (Kakheti).
In first order, the purchased means and equipment will be given to municipalities’ workers who provide humanitarian aid and social assistance, as well as the medical personnel in outpatient clinics. With the self-government administration deciding upon the destinations of the purchased means and equipment, the aid will be subsequently distributed among particular locations, depending on their needs.
Also, on the 15 April 2020 the Representative Office team donated equipment to the city of Tbilisi, including personal protective measures for the underequipped Gudushauri clinic.
The amount of donated equipment and means was adjusted to the number of residents (in regards to the disinfectant), the number of medical personnel in the outpatient medical centres (face shields), and administration personnel involved in humanitarian relief and social assistance in the face of COVID-19 (protective masks). In total, the donated equipment comprised:
1. (33) Liquid disinfectant spraying devices;
2. (697 litres of) Hand disinfectants;
3. (1870) Face shields for medical personnel;
4. (2544) Multiple-use protective masks.
The purchase of the equipment and means was financed by the Polish development cooperation programme of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland.