Preparing education managers of Ukrainian amalgamated hromadas: A follow up on activities from previous years
Project value: 230 000 PLN
Donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland
Local partner: SKL International/SALAR (the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions)
The project “Support to decentralisation of education in Ukraine” is linked to the reform decentralising the management of education in Ukraine, which is combined with the amalgamation reform (the amalgamation of hromadas).
This means that the newly amalgamated hromadas are taking over the management of education within their territories, receive grants for education, set up networks of schools, etc.
In the 2016-2019 period, as a part of the project, the Solidarity Fund PL has organised 13 visits to Poland for 180 representatives of hromadas from 14 Ukrainian regions, and has dispatched Polish experts/practitioners to a national-level conference in Kyiv.
Solidarity Fund PL’s engagement enabled 27 education managers to participate in study visits to Poland, while 190 managers took part in specialised interregional conferences on managing education in hromadas.
The objective of the project was to prepare personnel for managing education in Ukrainian amalgamated hromadas. In 2019 three new oblasts have joined the original 14 that were involved in the project since its beginning.
The Fund’s ongoing support of the project in 2019 consisted of:
- organising 4 interregional thematic conferences on education, i.e. in Slavuta in June 2019 (Khmelnytskyi oblast), Korostyshiv in September 2019 (Zhytomyr oblast), Solone in October 2019 (Dnipropetrovsk oblast), and Davidiv in December 2019 (Lviv oblast);
- organising two study visits to Poland for education mangers from amalgamated hromadas;
- 14 education managers from Kherson oblast visited Kujawsko-Pomorskie voivodeship (September 2019);
- 13 education managers from Vinnytsia oblast visited the southern part of Mazowieckie voivodeship (October 2019);
- financing the print of two methodological handbooks for education managers and headmasters titled Starsza szkoła profilowana – kroki do utworzenia (Senior Profile School—Steps to Creation) and Autonomia szkół i rady opiekuńcze (School Autonomy and Welfare Councils).
The Project is co-financed by the Polish development cooperation programme of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland.