For the past several years we have been active in the following fields:
- Ukrainian Self-government Reform
- Social policy:
- Providing consultancy in regards to lawmaking;
- Organising trainings on social services provision, especially at the of Ukrainian self-governments.
- Media Sector
- Supporting journalists and media organisations in catering to the information-related needs of the citizens and providing reliable information.
- Vocational Education Reform
- Developing and implementing new vocational education system to match EU standards under the EU4Skills Programme.
The goal of the programme, co-financed by the European Union, Germany, Poland, Finland, and Estonia, is to reform vocational education and training system (VET) in Ukraine.
Our Fund is responsible for the implementing the Polish set of tasks, which covers, among other things:
- creating and developing labour market intelligence system;
- establishing regional action plans for vocational education;
- creating and implementing careers counselling in Ukraine;
- creating an optimised, multi-channel VET funding mechanism;
- streamlining VET budget programming systems.
What do we do?
- We diagnose social and market needs for efficient programming and implementation of the reforms;
- We facilitate exchange of reforms-related experience and legal expertise;
- We organise trainings for managers responsible for social services in amalgamated hromadas, including study visits to Poland;
- We provide our partners with the possibility to test their skills in practice by funding small projects (under the Small Project Funds);
- In emergency situations, we supply our partners with measures and equipment.
What have we done so far?
Thus far we have supported the decentralisation of the state and the media system reforms.
We have also been engaged in the educational reform and the process of amalgamation of hromadas into larger self-government bodies, as well as protecting human rights of displaced persons from Crimea and Donbass regions.
Our partners include:
- Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Chernihiv Regional State Administration
- Cherkasy Regional State Administration
- Vinnytsia Regional State Administration
- Zhytomyr Regional State Administration
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Embassy of the United States in Ukraine
- Local self-governments
Paweł Kost | Head of the Representative Office in Ukraine