Call for expression of interest for experts
Employment type: International service contract
Duty station: Home-based (remote consultations) with one training cycle to be delivered in Ozurgeti, Georgia
Start date: 24, June 2019
Scope of responsibilities
- Analyze the on-going investment process (procurement and technical implementation) in three municipalities in Georgia, namely Gori, Tskaltubo and Ozurgeti in terms of at which stages and to which extent residents could be part of the decision-making process;
- Plan and conduct a three-days training cycle in Ozurgeti that will lay foundation to systemic involvement of residents in the investment process (procurement and technical implementation) in one selected project
- Provide online consultations to the process of involving residents in the investment process (procurement and technical implementation) of the projects that had been selected for implementation in the framework of the Participatory Budget in 3 municipalities (Gori, Tskaltubo, Ozurgeti);
- Create a model of residents’ involvement in the investment process (procurement, technical implementation, monitoring), in a close cooperation with the Georgian architect.
- Support the Participatory Budget project team on merit
- University degree in a relevant discipline (a completed degree in Public Administration and/or Management is desirable);
- Relevant work experience working at the local authorities while being responsible for the participatory planning or other forms of participation/ local engagement.
- Hands-on experience in international projects in the field of local governance and/or local participation and civil engagement;
- Very good technical affinity for procurement and purchasing process in the local context;
- Outstanding analytical and advisory skills.
You will be a perfect match for the Solidarity Fund PL in Georgia, if you are:
- A team player with the ability to work in a diverse fast-paced environment, with people from different backgrounds and setting;
- An exceptional communicator willing to listen and build strategies based on the local resources;
- Highly motivated and responsible for the tasks given;
- Diligent in performing tasks;
What do we offer?
- A service contract in a growing, change-driven organization with a full scope of challenges in a first of such kind dimension of local participation;
- A possibility to penetrate investment cycle in Georgia from a participation and decision-making perspective and bring in expertise that will make a difference in Georgia;
- A possibility to work in a creative and dynamic team of internationals, who work towards making a sustainable and long-lasting difference in Georgia;
- A service contract for 30 hours of online consultation and delivery of in-country training in Ozurgeti, Georgia at the begging of July 2019 (the exact dates are to be confirmed).
How to apply?
Curriculum Vitae alongside with a concise Process Action Plan to construct a model of residents’ involvement in the investment process in Georgia. (max 3000 characters) should be submitted no later than 20, June, 24:00 GMT to the following address: GeorgiaRep@solidarityfund.pl
Please add the number of Call for expression interest for experts 2019/GEO/3 and your name and surname in the subject line of your application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by the Solidarity Fund PL in Georgia
We would like to inform you that your personal data will be processed in compliance with European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
The entity responsible for the data administration is Fundacja Solidarności Międzynarodowej, registered in Warsaw, Wołodyjowskiego 69 a, 02-724, Poland, registration number 0000024453.
Under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation Fundacja Solidarności Międzynarodowej can process personal data provided by you solely for the recruitment related purposes. The data will be stored for the period required for the recruitment procedure, in compliance with the existing regulations and laws. Your personal data will not be processed in automatic decision-making systems. Provision of the personal data in the scope required for the recruitment procedure is voluntary, but necessary. Provision of other personal data is voluntary.
Under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation, you have following rights:
- The right to receive the information on your data stored by us
- The right to the update of the given data
- The right to demand the erasure of the given data
- The right to withdraw consent for the processing of the voluntary given data
We would like to inform that Fundacja Solidarności Międzynarodowej has appointed data protection officer, who can be reach at this email address: email@example.com